Reports are a great way to build segmented, customized exports that can be downloaded, emailed, or automatically sent to an integration on a scheduled or one-off basis. This is especially helpful for building compliance reports or any other similar reports.
Setting up a report
1. Go to Reports.
2. Click the green + button and select what kind of report you would like to generate. You can generate a report for Donations, Donors and Subscriptions.
3. Edit the settings for your report.
4. Give your report a name. This name is an internal name.
5. Select the time zone you want your report run in. This configures when days begin and end and what time donations are reported as being made.
6. Select a reporting schedule. This allows you to build a one-time report or have the report recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Daily reports are run every morning at 3:00 AM EST. Weekly reports are run every Monday morning with the last week's data. Monthly reports are run on the first day of the month with the last month's data.
7. If you have an existing scheduled integration set up such as an Amazon S3 or FTP integration, you can automatically post your reports there. You can set these up in Integrations from your organization's Settings.
8. Give your report a filename. This can be customized to include dates and times. See below for examples of date and time formatting rules. You can also use this helpful tool to build your date and time format.
8. Set conditions for the data that populates your report under Report Conditions. Click the green + button to create a report condition. Select the field, then select the operator, and add your value. Toggle the All or Any switch. For example, you can build a report that includes all donations made for the previous day by leaving the conditions blank. You could also build a major donor report that only includes donations that are over $1,000.
9. Set up your Report Format. This allows you to format your report by selecting exactly which fields you would like to include in your report and how to name them.
To create a new field, click on the green + button. Select the Revv field you want to add to your report and give the field a column name in your file. You can rearrange the fields by dragging and dropping them. To delete a field, click Remove on the right side of the row.
You can also set 'static' values for each column, which will simply write the same value for all donations made through Revv. For example, some Revv customers do this to mark all the donations they get through Revv as "Revv".
10. Toggle the report to Active.
11. Click Save.
Date and time formatting
%Y | Year with century (2017)
%y | Year without century (17)
%m | Month with zeroes (01)
%-m | Month without zeroes (1)
%B | Full month name (January)
%b | Abbreviated month name (Jan )
%d | Day with zeroes (01)
%-d | Day without zeroes (1)
%A | Full weekday name (Sunday)
%a | Abbreviated weekday name (Sun)
%z | Time zone offset from UTC (+0900)
%Z | Time zone abbreviation name (EST)
%H | Hour with zeroes, 24-hour clock (01, 24)
%I | Hour with zeroes, 12-hour clock (01, 12)
%P | Meridian indicator, lowercase (am, pm)
%p | Meridian indicator, uppercase (AM, PM)
%M | Minute with zeroes (01, 59)
%S | Second with zeroes (01, 59)