Integrating Revv with NationBuilder is a great way to build rich data profiles of your supporters. When you connect your nation to Revv, Revv automatically starts sending donations to the Finance tab in NationBuilder.
To connect Revv to NationBuilder:
- In your Revv account, head to the Utilities dropdown at the top of your screen
- Choose Integrations from the menu
- Click the green + sign to add a new integration
- Choose NationBuilder from the list of available integrations
- Add your NationBuilder slug
- Enter a list ID if you would like to add Revv donors to a custom list. This is often in 'slug' form. For example, if you have a list in NationBuilder called 'donors', enter 'donors'
- Click Connect to NationBuilder. Revv integrates with Nationbuilder via OAuth, which means you may need to enter your Nationbuilder credentials if you're not already logged into your account. Once you authorize Revv to connect, you will be directed back to Revv
- Add any custom fields you would like to pass into your nation. You can pass custom field data into person and donation objects in NationBuilder. Enter your custom NationBuilder field exactly as it appears in your nation then select the Revv field that you would like to pass through to NationBuilder
- Toggle the integration to Active
- Click save.
Since NationBuilder is a separate platform, refer to their support page if you need help with their platform.
Tracking with source codes
Revv automatically passes any donations with a source code value to your NationBuilder's communications tab. We use the source code to populate the tracking code field in your Finances tab.
Tracking with UTM_campaign
Revv automatically passes any donations with a value for UTM_campaign into NationBuilder's communication tab. This field populates the email slug in NationBuilder, allowing you to track Revv donations back to each email send.
Adding additional fields
You can use Revv's field mapping tool within the Nationbuilder integration view to add any additional fields Revv passes through into your nation. Choose the field you would like to pass into your nation, and include the custom field name as you created it in NationBuilder.