Revv integrates with Salesforce to pass through donor and donation information into your Salesforce account. When activated, Revv's Salesforce integration creates a contact for each donor and creates an opportunity for their donation, closes it, and marks it as won.
You can also add custom fields to your Salesforce integration for both contacts and opportunities to pass through the exact fields you need. Revv automatically looks at your Salesforce account and finds custom fields to write your Revv data to.
Since Salesforce is a separate platform, refer to their help docs if you need assistance.
Adding a Salesforce integration
- In your Revv account, head to the Utilities dropdown at the top of your screen
- Choose Integrations from the menu
- Click the green + button
- Find Salesforce from the list of available integrations
- You can select whether you want Revv to integrate with a regular Salesforce account, or a 'sandbox' Salesforce account. Note that you can only use a sandbox account and username (ends in ".sandbox") to connect a sandbox account in Revv
- Click Connect Salesforce
- You will be directed to the Salesforce authentication screen. You may need to enter your Salesforce username and password
- Your Salesforce account is now connected!
- You can customize which fields are passed into your Salesforce contacts and opportunities
Navigate to 'contact fields', click the green + button to add a contact field. You can customize these fields by selecting the Revv field to map to an existing Salesforce contact field, or you can write a static value (This will write the same value for all donors to that field)
- Under Opportunity fields, click the green + button to add a contact field. You can customize these fields by selecting the Revv field to map to an existing Salesforce opportunity field, or you can write a static value (This will write the same value for all donations to that field)
- Toggle the integration to Active
- Click Save
Your Salesforce integration is now fully set up. You can customize this integration at any time.