Revv allows you to add custom fields to your pages. You can use these fields to gather extra data about your donors as well as pass through tracking information into hidden fields. You can manage all of your custom fields from within your organization's settings (Settings --> Custom Fields).
Managing your custom fields
To access your Custom Fields Index, navigate to your organization's Settings and then click on the Custom Fields nav menu item on the left. From there you'll see a list of all your existing custom fields, how many pages they're currently on, and their default values. These default values are what's initially populated within pagebuilder when you add a custom field to a given page.
(Note: Default values can also be pushed to update all existing custom fields by clicking the blue update button. You are also able to remove a custom field from all existing pages by clicking on the orange remove button. This will impact any live pages that this custom field is present on).
When adding an existing custom field to a page, simply navigate to that page's pagebuilder, click on Custom Fields and click the green Add Global Custom Field button. From there you'll choose the field you want to add, and the system will populate the form with default values as set in your Custom Fields Index. You can update any of the field's values within pagebuilder itself, but those changes will not impact the field's default values, nor any other instances of that field (if it's already on additional pages).
Custom field types
- Text field - This is a regular text field that allows all characters.
- Number field - This text field only allows numbers to be entered.
- Text area - This large text area allows donors to add longer comments.
- Checkbox - This checkbox allows donors to accept a condition or disclaimer before donating. You can toggle whether this needs to be checked in order to process a donation.
- Information - This is simply some helpful text you can add throughout your page.
- Hidden - This is a field that can be set with a default value or be prefilled via URL that works just like a regular text field but is invisible to donors.
- Select - This field type allows donors to choose from a dropdown list of options.
- Multiple Choice - Presents donors with a number of options to choose from, with the ability to select more than one option if necessary.
- Radio Buttons - Presents donors with a number of options to choose from but does not allow more than one option to be selected.
Note: You may add as many custom fields as you like to each page.
Pre-filling custom fields via URL
Using URL parameters to pre-fill custom fields is particularly helpful if you would like to write data to donations using hidden fields. To prefill a custom field, use the following syntax:
For example, if the field Unique Parameter is "color", and you would like to track that a donation was "green", you would use the following syntax:
Learn more about filling out fields via URL parameters here.