Revv's abandoned cart functionality is an important tool to rescue donors who don't complete the process.
How It Works:
- Donor begins filling out a donation form or product page
- As soon as the donor enters an amount and email address, Revv stores it
- If the donor does not complete the process, the email address is added as an "Abandoned Cart" lead
- Donors can receive an email 20-30 minutes after abandonment by using Revv's email template OR you can use your Iterable integration to build sophisticated workflows
How To Use It:
Revv's Abandoned Cart Email Template
- Go to Organization Settings > Emails
- Click the green plus button to add a new email template type and select "Abandoned Cart"
- Edit the copy to your liking.
- Merge parameters "-amount-" and "-product_name-" can be used. eg. $5 (-amount-) donation (-product_name-)
- Email will send to donors
- As soon as a donor fills out amount and email address - that information is sent to Iterable as an updateCart event (see https://api.iterable.com/api/docs#!/commerce)
- If the donor completes the process they are sent as a tracked purchase (https://api.iterable.com/api/docs#!/commerce/trackPurchase)
- Set up a workflow that starts on the update cart event, waits an amount of time to see a tracked purchase, and if there is no purchase you can set off a series of abandoned cart emails